• Yea ok, I need help.

My advisor is railing me for data concerning role-playing in Japan and I'm grasping at straws if feels like. So I come to you on my knees for help. Does anyone know of any data or statistics for TRPG? Like something done by FEAR or Group SNE for example. I tried looking up their own data online but I couldn't find anything other than what they say on their sites.

So anything would be appreciated.
  • Not really, no. In the out-of-print TRPG-themed manga "Piyopu Seikatsu", volume 2, the author had two years earlier sent out forms requesting answers to various RPG topics and data regarding gaming. She got hundreds of replies from all over the board, and compiled the answers in that second manga. It's the closest anyone's come, and it was really interesting. Unfortunately, currently OOP.

-Andy
  • :( thats like showing someone a cookie and then eating it in front of them.
  • Well I found the author's website. Go google
  • Posted By: ryuuchiba:( thats like showing someone a cookie and then eating it in front of them.

LOL, sorry: I lament the fact that they are out of print deeply as well. I mean, I've got my copies, but in general it was a cute manga series that I wish continued onwards.

I was reading fan reviews on book sites and the like. There were a few comments that rang out like, "This isn't a manga about TRPGs!!! This is a manga about TRPG culture and people". Well, "Duh", is my thought: Slice of life discussion about gamers (she rats on smelly/uncool gamers at one point, which I think was the sensitive nerve struck that riled some people) and people's good and weird experiences at conventions and meetups... that shit is interesting, and totally related to gaming. It's about "gaming", not about "games". So yeah, I dig the Piyopu series a lot, and wish that Naoko wrote more.

Unlike the recent "Supita no Kosupita" (translation: ??? nonsense words? I dunno, haven't looked too much into it) manga series, which is basically replay summaries, each a few pages long, of an actual tabletop RPG (or boardgame) played. And in the end, they tend to actually be kinda interesting as well.

Sorry, got sidetracked. Hopefully if you can find a copy of Piyopu, maybe by asking the author if she has any extras? I checked Yahoo Auctions, couldn't find any...

-Andy
  • here's the author's site I believe. You'll have to confirm if the artwork it right cause online they don't have the cover. But the authors name is right and her art shows Piyopoo.

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~AT9N-KNZW/
  • Posted By: ryuuchibahere's the author's site I believe. You'll have to confirm if the artwork it right cause online they don't have the cover. But the authors name is right and her art shows Piyopoo.

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~AT9N-KNZW/

Yep, that's Kanazawa Naoko's public website. Unfortunately, she doesn't have any information listed about her RPG works at this time.
  • Yea I saw. I was actually planning on simply emailing her and ask if she still had the information.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion