Indie Circles
  • Hey guys I just came across this site. It's a list of all the TRPG circles who had booths at this past Comic Market from summer (74).

It looks like everything is organized by what system they're related to.

コミックマーケット74参加TRPGサークル一覧
  • Slick. I couldn't help but to notice that there are 2-3 sections, of several tables each, dedicated to (misspelling of) "Renegade Action". In other words, the largest 'section' of game representation at the comiket is dedicated to Replays of the RPG by FEAR "Doublecross" - far more than any other game, including Sword World.

Overall, it's a pretty awesome game. It's Dark Japanese Teen Superheroes, in a world that is slowly becoming something out of a Cyberpunk novel. Really tactically focused, with most abilities being related to combat somehow, and yet the rules aren't so bent towards combat that it gets in the way of roleplaying.

I wonder if its the setting that lends itself to getting people so fired up for playing and writing up replays?

-Andy
  • Well according to the mixi TRPG community survey Double Cross ranked 3rd with over 1000votes placing it after Sword World and アリアンロッド
  • Interesting, I just wiki'd the game and learned it was a d10 system. Not that d10 systems are unusual (heck all of WoD is d10) but that it is so popular with dice that are harder to find (compared to d6 I mean).

It also have 12 official (not counting doujin) different settings. I can see it's popularity now because players can play in numerous types of adventures.

Other than the basic contemporary Japan setting there's Demon's city (s-CRY-edesque), Heiankyo mononokeroku (heian kyoto), Lost Eden (play as players in an MMORPG), Akihabara,and Chaos Garden (animal fantasy)to name a few.

I think I'll be picking this up for sure now.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion